Friday, August 8, 2008

Apartment Woes

Okay, so my landlord tried to stick us with a 57% increase on our rent. We went to court, claiming that it was unconscionable, and not only did the judge think that 57% was an okay percentage to raise the rent, he also ruled that we have to pay the additional rent for the time when the case was pending. We're appealing the decision, but long story short, I need to come up with almost $2,000 by the end of August. To that end, I am selling a whole bunch of my yarn on Ravelry (if you are interested and don't have a Ravelry account, let me know, I can send you pictures and prices directly).

I've also set up a "donate" button if anyone feels so inclined to help with my plight.





And a thermometer to keep track of my progress.

Free fundraising thermometer

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! I saw your post at Ravelry and I'm glad to help a little. Good luck :-)

Knitted Gems said...

I can't believe your landlord got away with jacking the rent up that much. That's awful!
I've shot you an email via Rav about your cotton yarn.

Robyn said...

I am so, SO sorry that I can't help! That is so screwed up to expect that large of an increase. Just because the judge can afford any housing he wants....