Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Knitting Resolutions

In moving, I have learned that I have too much yarn. And yes, sadly, it is possible to have too much yarn. In particular, it is possible to have too much acrylic yarn. Acrylic yarn is the staple of my stash because I don't have a lot of money. I was also never really all that good at knitting, so I didn't know what I was buying. Or I would buy bulk instead of quality. Now that I have gotten better at knitting, I know I want to start using better yarns, and I want to treat myself to the experience. I am still a little nervous about screwing up more expensive yarn, but I know I would like to use better yarn more often.

So my knitting resolutions:
  1. Make at least one charity project per month. This can be as small as a chemo hat or a square for a blanket that will be joined together by others.
  2. Work down the stash before buying new yarn. I know that this is a pipe dream, but I am going to make an effort not to just keep buying yarn. So I am going to try to make at least two projects for any one project's worth of yarn that I buy.
  3. Make scrapghans out of whatever leftovers I have that aren't really enough for anything else.
  4. Finish UFOs.
Anyone else have any other suggestions of knitting resolutions?

No comments: