Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Under the Gun

Why must I always wait until too close to my deadline to start any given project? I have a party coming up on the 13th. Less than 2 weeks away. Have I known about this party long? Only, oh, since about the middle of January. Why did I not start on something to give the birthday girl before now? No answer to that. No reason. No valid reason, at least. I think I just wasn't thinking about it.

I figure, though, that I do have nearly 2 weeks, and I might be able to finish a nice lace scarf for H, my birthday girl. I am going to attempt this: http://hockeymomknits-donna.blogspot.com/2007/08/easy-lace-stashbuster-scarf.html -- I think it is beautiful, it looks fairly easy, as I do not have a lot of experience with lace, and it was made for a "fuzzy sport weight acrylic" which is exactly the yarn I have for it. So I hope I can do it, I hope I can get it done, and I hope she likes it. It's a friend from London, so I hope a hand-made gift looks charming and thoughtful, instead of cheap.


This is the scarf in progress:

No comments: