Thursday, February 19, 2009

February's Charity Project

My February charity project was not very big. Merely six inches by six inches. But it makes me feel really good. It restores my faith in the future, and encourages me that we will be in good hands when the next generation comes along.

Reiley is a 12 year old from New Mexico. For her school's Pay it Forward project, she started a group on Ravelry to collect 6x6 inch squares to be combined into blankets. She has had great success and has collected dozens and dozens of squares and has completed lots and lots of blankets.

Check out her blog here: http://thehookiepookie.typepad.com/

This is the square that I contributed (this is Reiley's picture of it -- I forgot to take one before I sent it off).

And that's the stationery behind it, that I used to write Reiley a note when I sent her my square.

If I had been more on the ball, I would have made more. But I was glad to at least be able to complete one. Thanks Reiley for doing this project!

No comments: