Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sunday Market Shawl

I started the Sunday Market Shawl with the Rowan Cashsoft yarn. I love working with this yarn. It's so smooth and soft. I am a little worried because the shawl says that it should be 65 inches after blocking. Right now, I'm two skeins into the project and I'm at about 44 inches. I am hopeful that I'll be able to get another 20 inches or so out of the last part of this third skein. And then I hope that it will get a little bit longer when I do the drop stitch part and then I may still be able to block it to be a little bit longer.

The knitting itself is getting a little bit frustrating. I feel like I've been working on it forever, although I know that it hasn't really been all that long. I'll be happy when it's all done.

Wow, this sounds like a really griping post... Guess some days are like that. Even when we're doing what we like to do.

1 comment:

Ariel said...

I used Malabrigo on mine and when I blocked it, it grew a lot longer. I know what you mean, towards the end it got really boring. It'll be worth is. Here's mine if you want to see.

http://arielzoe.blogspot.com/2008/08/sunday-market-shawl.html