Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The right amount of patience

I had taught my friend how to crochet some years ago, mostly because her boyfriend at the time told her that she wouldn't have the patience and the only thing stronger than her lack of patience is her desire to prove someone wrong. She has since said that crochet requires just the right amount of patience. Which I like about it, too. It and knitting, both. Though I do find that there are certain patterns that I can make when I am talking to other people or watching tv, and certain ones that I can't. The only downside is that I have practically gotten to the point where I can almost just *not* work on something when I'm sitting somewhere. And forget about the subway. I need something to knit, crochet or read or I am SUNK.

While talking with my friend's family, though, I made good progress on my cousin's shell blanket. I am hoping that I will have it finished by the end of next weekend when I see her, but I am not counting on it.

No comments: