Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Two finished projects

This is Lisa's scarf. Her husband calls it "red head blue." I tend to agree. All in all, I was very happy with the way it came out. There is another picture of it down at the end of this post because I can't figure out how to get them next to one another.

The only problem with this scarf is that it was quite portable, being an easy pattern, a smallish piece and one skein of yarn. Now that it's done, I feel like I'm floundering just a little bit. I know I want to make something, and I want to make something more than a scarf or a blanket. I feel like I need to be able to make something more substantial. But sweaters kind of scare me, especially the sleeves, and I don't really have anyone to knit sweaters for right now, anyway. I also am still on this kick where I have vowed not to buy any more yarn until I make a significant dent in the yarn that I have, so I am trying to find projects that use something like 8 ounces of dark purple worsted weight acrylic yarn. Someday, I will have money and will be able to afford to buy real yarn. Until then...


This is Shannon's scarf. It was mostly done in 2007, but I did technically finish it in 2008 not only because I was working on it during my flight home from California on January 1st, but also because the fringe came in a few weeks later. I despise finishing pieces, and that includes sewing things in, lining up sleeves or adding fringe. I'm just not a fan. One of my favorite things about Robin's new blanket is that when it is done, it will be simply *done*. No ends to weave in, no borders, nothing. Just DONE.
Here's the pattern up close. I've had varying opinions on whether it is better blocked or unblocked. This is unblocked. I like the texture of it. And I think this pattern would look so pretty as a sweater. I'm just not sure how to make it one.





No comments: