When I made Robin and Burt's blanket, I had some leftover yarn. So I made this one. It's the shell blanket stitch that they show on the projectlinus.org website. I've made it a few times, and I always love it. I should remember it more often. Red Heart Soft's label says that it is no dye lot yarn, but you can clearly see some differences in the skeins in this picture. One friend told me that it is what gives it character. I am trying to believe her. Overall, I was happy with how it came out, though.
Here's a close-up view of the stitches. They're five double-stitch clusters.
In some ways, I am happier with this secondary blanket than with the original one. And I do love a solid color blanket. Mostly, I'm very happy with how much yarn I've been able to use up from my stash recently. This stuff didn't really count as much because I had bought it for Robin & Burt's blanket, so it wasn't truly using from the stash. But everything else from now on will be from the stash. At least for a little while. I'm trying, really, I am trying.