Friday, February 8, 2008

Slow Going

Yeah, so Melanie's scarf is going to take me forever. It's my own fault for knitting on size ONE needles. I'm not sure what possessed me to do that. Except that I liked it. So it will be a long time project, and she'll be able to wear it next year for the winter.

I also decided to make a blanket for my boss for when I stop working for her in May when I graduate. She's a great boss, and I'd like to say thank you. She's big into browns and beiges. It's not my thing, really -- I like color. But she likes it, and it means that I can use some more of my stash. I'm quite excited about that. I decided to be sort of uniform about it rather than as random as I might have been otherwise (like I was with my mother's light blanket for the family room) but I feel like Tara might be happier with something more uniform. So this is it so far:



I also decided to make scarves for my two co-workers. One of them said that her favorite color is lavendar, so I'm starting a scarf for her in the light and lofty baby clouds lilac. I started it when I went to the movies last night to see Juno. I'm probably the only person who goes to the movies and knits. But I got a lot done on it.


No comments: