Thursday, February 28, 2008

Melanie's Scarf, Take Two

I happened to have been at WalMart today and picked up two skeins of Caron Simply Soft in Autumn Red. It does not advance the mission of working down the stash (nor does ripping out a whole bunch of old scarves and hats that I never did anything with or gave to anyone). I started the seed stitch on size six needles for it, but I didn't like it because you lose some of the softness. So I tried this one: http://smariek.blogspot.com/2007/11/bernadette.html. So far, I really like it. It really keeps the softness of the yarn, which I think is important, because if you're going to have such a soft yarn. If Melanie doesn't like it, I might just finish it and keep it for myself and make her another one. It will require some major blocking, though -- all smushed together you don't really get to see the cables as well. They just look like waves. Which is nice, too, but I like it better when it's more spread out.



No comments: