Saturday, December 20, 2008

friday freaky fun fact & foto

Yesterday, Velma tagged me in her friday freaky fun fact & foto post. This is the first time anyone has done anything like this, so I hope I do it correctly! And I suppose mine is really a saturday freaky fun fact & foto, as it were...

Okay. the freaky fun fact: Prior to digital, you could really tell the difference between professional photographers and lay photographers, generally speaking. I find now that far many more people will get really good digital cameras. But before that, if you had really good equipment, people assumed you were a professional. So one time, I went to this balloon festival, and because I had great equipment, I simply walked around the little orange fencing and into the press tent and started changing my film. I was chatting with photographers from the local paper and USA today and the NY Times and Time/Life. No one asked me for my press pass or asked what I was doing there or where I worked. Granted, you couldn't do this now (and in a post 9/11 world, I am glad that you really can no longer do this) but these are some of the shots I got that morning at 6 am before the launch:













And now for the tagging. I tag:
Joanne
Jane (if she is feeling better!)
Froggie
Marie (if she can tear herself away from the oven!)
Mamabear

3 comments:

Knitted Gems said...

Stunning pictures!
My SIL has a fancy digital camera and it boggles my mind because all she ever does is point and click. She could have saved her money. LOL.
Thanks for tagging me. Once I finish my baking, I'll pass it along.
Happy Holidays!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the welcome back greeting. Your pictures are absolutely beautiful. Have you framed any? I bought my dream camera (Nikon D80) last year. I still have not used all of the options it yet. I will have to put some thought into this tagging.

Take care, Joanne

velmalikevelvet said...

Great job on your first meme tag experience! Love the photos. I've always loved hot air balloons, and wanted to attend the big festival in New Mexico.

Cheers! Velma