Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Knitting for the Office Christmas Party

I finished my knitting for the Office Christmas Luncheon. I put the scarves in these absolutely adorable bags. I fluffed them all with tissue paper. I gave them to their recipients. Only one person even opened hers, although I will say, she loved hers. I was very happy with the way they all came out, and I hope that when the other four people open theirs that they like them. I may be joining the "Selfish Knitters Group" on Ravelry. I really worked hard on the scarves, and it was a little disappointing that no one even cared to see what I gave them. A big part of giving gifts, for me, is the joy in seeing someone open the gift, the joy in knowing that they appreciate the gift and will use it. I'm trying not to feel too snubbed with my gifts...

These are the scarves that I made:

For JC:

For DA:

For MLB:
For DJV:
For TB:
And these are the bags for them:

3 comments:

mammabear said...

I think your scarves were very thoughtfull. I love the bags, they are great. Have a Merry Christmas

Jane said...

The scarves are really beautiful. My favorite is the last one. I made a cabled scarf, similar to yours, for my sister and didn't get the reaction I was hoping for. I had worked really hard on it and it took me awhile to get it done. On the flip side, I made three scarves for coworkers, a very simple 2x2 rib, and they loved them. One wore it all day as she taught.

I hope your coworkers thank you after they open their gifts. I am with you, I love to give gifts and see the reaction. I am a shy person though, so I sometimes feel awkward opening gifts in front of the giver. I feel like I don't deserve a gift. KWIM?

Knitted Gems said...

What lovely scarves!
I'm sorry you weren't thanked properly.
I have since stopped knitting items with specific people in mind. I knit projects because they look pretty or I want to try out a new technique. Then, when I have finished getting my fun out of the project, I pass it along to somebody else or I keep it for myself. Depends.