Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Almost finished

I am almost finished with Melanie's scarf. The only thing left to do is to block it and put fringe on it, if Melanie wants fringe. I haven't decided if either she is a fringe person or if the scarf needs it. I think I am going to have to block it first, make a decision and then, if it doesn't require fringe, ask her if she wants to have fringe. It wound up being a little more than one skein to knit, so I have the extra yarn. I'm feeling like for length purposes alone, a little fringe might be useful.

Carolyn's fiancé Andrew requested a scarf in Giant's blue, so I sent him a bunch of patterns to look at and he chose the Miranda http://smariek.blogspot.com/2007/06/miranda-scarf.html. I had told Carolyn I thought she needed a cabled scarf, and sher chose the same one. She said, "We are clearly meant to be together because we chose the same pattern." She's thinking a burgundy for her and he wants this color:

Yes. He found the color on the internet and sent it to me. I told him that he has to come to the yarn store with us because I don't think that I will be able to match it from the internet to the store. I'm happy to have the fun projects.

No comments: